The next Roc Day celebration will be on January 12, 2019, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Open to the Public
Poster: click to view, save, or print
Click on these links to go to each paragraph in the current page:
All Saints Church, 347 Ridge Rd. (Rte 34B) Lansing NY. Parking is behind the church.
UFO (UnFinished Object) Project Contest:
- Dig out one of your unfinished objects and turn it into a finished project.
- Use your own hand spun yarn except for embellishments, but-tons, etc...
- Finish the project you started. You may have to undo part to achieve that end. ie: turn a long sleeved sweater into a short sleeved sweater because you ran out of yarn on the second sleeve but NOT turn a sweater into a hat or shawl.
- If you are one of those spinners who spins as they knit, you may introduce new yarn from the same source as the original yarn of the UFO.
- A short history - how old (best guess), when started, who for, and anything else you want to add. Keep it anonymous.
- Judging will be people's choice.
Pictures of previous Roc Days:
Foreground: Spin-In; Background: Potluck lunch
Anne modeling a raffle item
Ten vendors provide many opportunities for stash enhancement!
The Black Sheep Handspinners Guild of Ithaca NY, host of Roc Day, is interested in promoting and continuing the art of handspinning all kinds of fiber.
Member interests range broadly within and beyond handspinning, from fiber plant farming and animal husbandry to dyeing, blending, knitting, crocheting, lace-making, weaving, felting, fly-tying, bow-string construction and beyond.
We look forward to celebrating Roc Day with you on January 10th!